Sometimes even the most sure hearted and vibrant Christians may doubt or worry about whether or not they are truly saved. It can be a small niggling thought in the back of the Christians mind or it could be an obstacle which seems to be blocking any way they try to pass it.
I am currently reading the Diaries of Rev. Kenneth Macrae , in which he sets out nine points which should in some certain measure let you know where you stand in terms of salvation :
1. Do you have a particular love for being around Gods people , being in fellowship , hearing the preaching of the word ?
2. Do you desire after Holiness, In being made more Christlike ?
3. Do long to be able to pray more , and to pray with more honesty ?
4. Do you deeply feel saddened when you realize the true extent of your own sin ?
5. Do you have a desire to love Christ more and more ?
6. Do you have a desire to be closer in fellowship with God ?
7. Do you fear that in being so poor in these prior points, that you may lack them altogether ?
8. Do you believe that If Jesus Is not risen then there is no hope for you ?
9. Do you believe that Christ has freely offered you salvation, through his death on the Cross ?
Macrae gives no further guidance on how to apply theses questions , but speaking personally If you can answer yes to these questions then you have nothing to fear.
Although our thoughts ,feelings , worries and fears will change over time we must never forget our God does not change.
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
– Philippians 1 verse 6